Case Studies

Marlock Electric Case Studies: Electric hazards for Newark, NY area rental property

Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 by Annmarie Lent

Challenge

Another local contractor hired by the landlord of this Newark, NY area home to install a new bathroom decided to call our office and explain that the electric in the house, he believed was a fire hazard, and would like to give our name to the landlord for an estimate on bringing the two family home up to code. He had found a "snakes nest" of electric wiring piled up in the attic that he didn't really know where it went to. The landlord/owner called us and we quickly went over to assess the issue. Finding the wiring issues, our technicians got right to work repairing and and correcting the issues.

Solution

The technicians were able to make the electric safe once again, by removing the nest of wiring that could have been a fire hazard as well as replacing the bath fan, the bath fan switch and gable vent, bringing the electric up to code and compliant with the Village of Newark's specifications. 

our service area

We serve the following areas

Our Locations:

Marlock Electric
104 Emmons St
Newark, NY 14513
1-315-409-7373
Top