Case Studies

Marlock Electric Case Studies: Replacement of Burned Electric Panel, Newark

Saturday, December 15th, 2018 by Mark Lockwood

Challenge

This homeowner called our office stating that they did not have power, and they smelled something burning. Upon investigation from our technicians, we found that the electrical panel actually caught on fire and began to burn the interior of the panel box as well as the area where the panel was mounted. Upon further review we found that a portion of the mounting hardware for the panel interior became loose, which resulted in severe arcing.

Solution

Our crew installed a new circuit breaker panel box as well as any damaged conductors associated with the panel. On this particular job, our technicians also noticed that the panel was not grounded per national electric code standards, so we resolved this matter as well. We were able to fix this customer's problem, and get their power back up and running in the same evening.

Project Summary

Product Installed:: Eaton Cutler Hammer panel box

our service area

We serve the following areas

Our Locations:

Marlock Electric
104 Emmons St
Newark, NY 14513
1-315-409-7373
Top