Case Studies

Residential Electrical Services Case Studies: Corroded Electric Panel Replaced, Williamson

Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 by Mark Lockwood


Our technicians arrived at this home to find numerous unsafe conditions throughout, specifically electrical hazards. The biggest problem was the corrosion found inside the panel, which was not grounded. On the 2nd story, the sub panel was found to be fed incorrectly and again, was not grounded. It is important for electrical panels to be grounded because grounding electrical currents protects all electrical appliances, the house itself, and all residents from electrical surges.


Our team at Marlock Electric was able to replace and upgrade both the panel and sub panel. Several other safety issues that were discovered throughout the home, had to be fixed as well. As you can see in the pictures, Marlock Electric was able to clean up the area and run the wires in a much safer and neater way while making sure that the wires were grounded. Ensuring that your electric panels are wired safely, and keeping an eye out for corrosion or rust is very important. Corrosion within electrical panels can cause operational problems and even fires in severe cases.

our service area

We serve the following areas

Our Locations:

Marlock Electric
104 Emmons St
Newark, NY 14513