For this Williamson, NY homeowner this was a matter of keeping a fire from occuring in their home. They had a complete rats nest of wiring in their basement and and old and very outdated fuse box. The challenge came when non of the wires over the years had been marked or looked at for possible power surges, possibly causing a fire hazard.
Electrical panels contain safety devices that trip and shut off the power when too much electricity flows through them. The safety devices help prevent fires caused by overheating wires. The old fuse type panel was more than overloaded for the electrical needs of the family and none of which were marked for them to know what may or may not be on the circuit. This issue can be a hazard and lead to an electrical fire.
We were able to outfit this old and outdated box with a new fuse panel box, making sure to label each of the breakers and giving the homeowner in Williamson, NY a much safer panel box. The wires were properly re-routed and we also installed the meter on the exterior of the house making it less chaotic by the basement panel box and allowing the electric company to provide regular meter readings without needing to enter the residence.
Installing Contractor: Marlock Electric, Inc.