Case Studies

Commercial Electrical Services Case Studies: Commercial Space Breakers Tripping in Geneva, NY

Thursday, August 25th, 2016 by Annmarie Lent


We were recently called to troubleshoot a breaker that continued to trip in a local store in Geneva, NY. The concern was that they were unable to run both cash registers at the same time, as it would cause the breaker to trip every time and causing frustration of having to re-boot the registers back up and causing customer frustration of having to wait lengthy times for check-out.

Our certified technicians were on site to troubleshoot the possibilities of a possible overloaded circuit, short circuit or a ground fault issue.


After much time and troubleshooting it was determined that the circuit was most likely being overloaded by having both their registers on the same circuit. It was determined that the registers were antiquated and required a heavy power consumption. A circuit overload is the most common reason for a breaker to trip. When using too many heavy power consuming devices at the same time on the same circuit it will cause the breaker to trip in order to keep from overheating and causing damage to the panel box or possibly even cause an electrical fire. Be sure you call a qualified electrician if you run into this type of issue to determine the root cause of the problem to keep you, your business or home safe. 

our service area

We serve the following areas